Welcome Class of 2021!
Congratulations on being admitted to Berkeley!
Visit the campus as you make your acceptance decision
April 1-30: Tours for newly admitted freshmen, waitlisted students, and their families.
Special tours will be offered seven days a week at 11:30 am, leaving from the Koret Visitor Center in California Memorial Stadium. Led by campus ambassadors, learn about Berkeley’s history, traditions, academics, research, and student life. Ask questions, get information to help you make your decision. Reservations are preferable, but if the tour on the date you’d like to visit is full, be assured that you will be able to join a new admit tour even if you don’t have a reservation. Check in at the Visitor Center at 11:15 am.
To our other visitors: This tour is for class of 2021 newly admitted students and their families only. See our other tour offerings on the tour overview page.
May 1-31: Public walking tours
During May, newly admitted and waitlisted students and their families are welcome to join our daily public walking tour, offered daily and 10:00 am. Reservations are preferable, but if the tour on the date you’d like to visit is full, be assured that you will be able to join the tour even if you don’t have a reservation. Check in at the Visitor Center at 9:45 am.Make a Reservation
Other opportunities and resources
- Cal Day, Saturday, April 22, the university’s annual community open house, offers lectures, demonstrations, performances, and a huge information marketplace. You’ll get a glimpse of life at Berkeley and have your admissions-related and other questions answered. General campus tours, but not new admit tours, will be offered. From 8:00-9:00 am, join Chancellor Nicholas Dirks for the special welcome for newly admitted students.
- The New Admit Resource Guide has information on the services, locations, and hours of many academic and administrative departments (during April only)
- Residence hall tours: Monday-Friday at 12:00-1:00 and 3:00-4:00 pm (during April only).
- Library tours: Mondays and Fridays, 3:00-4:00 pm. Tours include historic Doe Library, the underground Main Stacks, and the newly renovated Moffitt Undergraduate Library (during April only).
- The Campanile (aka Sather Tower) is an enduring symbol of the Berkeley campus. The views of the campus and Bay Area from the observation deck are spectacular.
- Eat like a Cal student. Guests may purchase meals at all residence dining halls and campus cafes.
- The campus events calendar lists athletic events, lectures, exhibitions, and performances.