Sather Tower, also known as the
Campanile, is one of UC Berkeley’s most beloved and well-known symbols. Visible for miles, the Campanile is the third-tallest bell and clock-tower in the world, and an integral part of the campus experience. Get a spectacular, sprawling view of the Bay Area from the observation platform. Enjoy three daily carillon concerts. Lounge on the historic esplanade and enjoy the shade of the stone giant. The Campanile is truly not to be missed.
- Monday-Friday: 10:00am-3:45pm
- Saturday: 10:00am-4:45pm
- Sunday: 10:00am-1:30pm and 3:00-4:45pm
Upcoming Closures / Reduced Hours
We apologize for the inconvenience. On the first Friday of every month we close early and every other Wednesday we open late at 11:30am.
- Thursday, July 19: CLOSED
- Wednesday, July 25: 11:30am-3:45pm
- Saturday, July 28: 2:30-4:45pm
- There will be 2 carillon concerts at 12pm and 1pm where visitors are not allowed in the tower, but we welcome you to be on campus and listen! This is the centennial of bells at Berkeley. The recitalists are all Berkeley players, the music was composed or arranged for the Berkeley bells by Berkeley composers.
- Sunday, July 29: 10:00am-1:00pm
- There will be 2 carillon concerts at 2pm and 3pm where visitors are not allowed in the tower, but we welcome you to be on campus and listen! This is the centennial of bells at Berkeley. The recitalists are all Berkeley players, the music was composed or arranged for the Berkeley bells by Berkeley composers.
Cost (cash only)
- $4 general admission (18 years and over)
- $3 for seniors, Cal Alumni Association members with ID, and ages 17 and under
- Free to UC Berkeley students, faculty, and staff with Cal ID, and children under 3
We accept cash payment only and cannot accept bills higher than $20.
The observation platform is not wheelchair accessible, as there are 38 steps from the top of the elevator to the observation platform. The Campanile esplanade and lobby displays are accessible by wheelchair.
Backpacks, large bags, large items, food, and drink are not permitted on the observation platform. No pets are allowed.