Sather Tower, also known as the Campanile, is one of UC Berkeley’s most beloved and well-known symbols. Visible for miles, the Campanile is the third-tallest bell and clock-tower in the world, and an integral part of the campus experience. Get a spectacular, sprawling view of the Bay Area from the observation platform. Enjoy three daily carillon concerts. Lounge on the historic esplanade and enjoy the shade of the stone giant. The Campanile is truly not to be missed.
- Monday-Friday: 10:00 am-3:45 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am-4:45 pm
- Sunday: 10:00 am-1:30 pm and 3:00-4:45 pm
The Campanile will be closed on Thursday, September 14, 2017. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- $3 general admission (18 years and over)
- $2 for seniors, Cal Alumni Association members with ID, and ages 17 and under
- Free to UC Berkeley students, faculty, and staff with Cal ID, and children under 3
We accept cash payment only and cannot accept bills higher than $20.
The observation platform is not wheelchair accessible, as there are 38 steps from the top of the elevator to the observation platform. The Campanile esplanade and lobby displays are accessible by wheelchair.
Backpacks, large bags and other large items are not permitted on the observation platform and cannot be stored in the Campanile lobby.