Sather Tower, also known as the Campanile, is one of UC Berkeley’s most beloved and well-known symbols. Visible for miles, the Campanile is the third-tallest bell and clock-tower in the world, and an integral part of the campus experience. Get a spectacular, sprawling view of the Bay Area from the observation platform. Enjoy three daily carillon concerts. Lounge on the historic esplanade and enjoy the shade of the stone giant. The Campanile is truly not to be missed.
Hours of Operation
Please note the Campanile may be closed with little notice due situations out of our control
- Monday-Friday: 10am – 4pm
- Saturday: 10am – 5pm
- Sunday: 10am – 1pm & 3 – 5pm [closed for the 2pm carillon concert]
The Campanile will have different hours on the following dates:
- Wednesday, March 22 - Sunday, April 2: CLOSED (weather-related maintenance)
- Friday, April 7: 10am - 2pm (closing early)
- Friday, May 5: 10am - 1pm (closing early)
Credit cards & Apple Pay only (no cash accepted)
- General admission (18-64 years): $5
- Seniors (65+ years): $4
- Cal Alumni Association (CAA) Members with ID: $4
- Youth (3-17 years): $4
- Youth (2 and under): Free
- UC Berkeley students, faculty, and staff with Cal ID: Free
The observation platform is not wheelchair accessible, as there are 38 steps from the top of the elevator to the observation platform. The Campanile esplanade and lobby displays are accessible by wheelchair.
Backpacks, large bags, large items, food, and drink are not permitted on the observation platform. Service animals only.