Lodging and Dining
Berkeley has many options for lodging, and below you will find a list accommodations close to campus. You can also find additional options in Oakland, Emeryville, and San Francisco – nearby cities that are easily reached by public transportation or car. We strongly advise that you make your lodging reservations prior to your visit.
Accommodations near the Berkeley campus
- Bancroft Hotel 2680 Bancroft Way, Berkeley; 510/549-1000
- Beau Sky Hotel 2520 Durant Avenue, Berkeley; 510/540-7688, 800/990-2328
- Berkeley City Club 2315 Durant Avenue, Berkeley; 510/848-7800
- Berkeley Lab Guest House Berkeley Lab (UC run hotel-style accommodations above the UC Berkeley campus; open to UC Berkeley students, parents and visitors); 510/495-8000
- Claremont Resort & Spa 41 Tunnel Road, Berkeley; 510/843-3000, 800/551-7266
- Doubletree Berkeley Marina 200 Marina Boulevard, Berkeley; 510/548-7920, 800/222-8733
- Downtown Berkeley Inn 2001 Bancroft Way, Berkeley; 510/843-4043
- Executive Inn and Suites 1755 Embarcadero, Oakland; 510/536-6633, 800/346-6331
- The Faculty Club On campus; 510/540-5678
- Four Points Hotel (by Sheraton) 1603 Powell Street, Emeryville; 510/547-7888, 800/325-3535
- The Graduate Berkeley Hotel (formerly Hotel Durant) 2600 Durant Avenue, Berkeley; 510/845-8981
- Hilton Garden Inn 1800 Powell Street, Emeryville; 510/658-9300
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites 1175 University Avenue, Berkeley; 510/548-1700
- Hotel Courtyard Oakland Emeryville 5555 Shellmound Street, Emeryville; 510/652-8777, 800/321-2211
- Hotel Shattuck Plaza 2086 Allston Way, Berkeley; 510/845-7300
- Hyatt House 5800 Shellmound Street, Emeryville; 510/601-5880
- Residence Inn by Marriott 2121 Center Street, Berkeley; 866/314-6382
- Rose Garden Inn 2740 Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley; 510/549-2145, 800/992-9005
- Sens Hotel 1538 Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley; 510/548-9930
Dining on Campus
After you’ve worked up an appetite on the hills of campus, stop in to one of the many cafes on campus for a coffee, snack or lunch.
Individuals and large groups can experience the dietary life of a current Cal student by eating in our Crossroads Dining Commons! Find out more information here.
Campus cafes and restaurants
- Café Zeb Tasty meals at Berkeley Law on the southeast side of campus.
- Cafe Think Located at the Haas School of Business in the green-built Chou Hall. The café features a local and sustainable menu featuring seasonal bowls, grass-fed burgers and beer and wine.
- Common Grounds On level F of Dwinelle Hall, Common Grounds brews Peet’s Coffee and offers standard Peet’s coffee and tea products, as well as grab-and-go items.
- Crossroads Dining Commons Sample the nine distinct stations — from pizza to vegetarian to Asian and Mexican cuisine — at Berkeley’s sleek residence hall dining facility, 2415 Bowditch St.
- The Faculty Club Open to the public, the club serves lunch and dinner. The salad bar is popular, and there's a pleasant pub.
- Free Speech Movement Café Surrounded by memorabilia of Berkeley's famed '60s movement, enjoy informal indoor and outdoor dining. Located at the entrance to Moffitt Undergraduate Library.
- The Golden Bear Café Located in the heart of campus in the famous Sproul Plaza, The Golden Bear offers a great mix of made-to-order meals, grab-and-go sandwiches and items, Kosher sandwiches, sushi, bento boxes, salads, bagel bar, deli, salads, grilled items, and made-to-order smoothies.
- edmonds Café at the International House A popular gathering place for residents and the public, I-House café features espresso drinks, pastries, soups, salads, sandwiches and fresh juices. Café customers enjoy the incredible bay view as well as digital displays of today’s headlines from around the world.
- brown’s Café Serving the northwest part of campus, brown’s is committed to serving local foods grown, milled, preserved, and processed within 250 miles of the UC Berkeley campus whenever possible. Stop in to enjoy a meal that bridges nutrition, sustainability, and taste on their outdoor patio. Located in the Genetics and Plant Biology Building.
- The Terrace Designed for quick service on the run, Terrace Café features a variety of popular grab-and-go salads, sushi, sandwiches and great coffee. Located on the rooftop terrace of the Bechtel Engineering Center.
- Yali’s Cafe – Stanley Hall or Sutardja Dai Hall Yali’s provides a warm, unpretentious atmosphere where countless ideas, connections, dissertations, and proposals have been hatched with our coffee in hand. They offer coffee, sandwiches, salads, smoothies, bagels, granola, fresh fruit and pastries.