Coronavirus Information (COVID-19)
UC Berkeley campus tours have been suspended from Monday, March 16 through Friday, May 15. Please continue to check this website for virtual opportunities to connect with current students.
In response to COVID-19, we currently have a shelter-in-place order. Please continually check this website and UC Berkeley’s COVID-19 website which is frequently updated with information and resources.
Since in-person campus tours aren’t currently possible, we hope you will take advantage of our self-guided audio tour. While no one is currently allowed to be on our campus due to the coronavirus, you can still dial in and listen to information about us and virtually walk our beautiful grounds.
We look forward to opening up our campus soon.
Electric Cart Tours
Visitor Services offers one-hour electric cart tours of the campus for visitors who wish a shorter, private tour experience and for guests with limited mobility. The information presented on a cart tour is the same information you would receive on our free guided walking tour. Cart tours are offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 2-3pm. They are not offered on weekends, campus holidays, or breaks.
We offer cart tours during the following periods:
- Spring 2020 (February 10 through May 1) – cancelled due to coronavirus
- Summer 2020 (May 27 – August 14) – calendar hopefully to be released in mid May (click the appropriate blue button below to be notified!)
- Exceptions: Memorial Day (Monday, May 25)
- Fall 2020 (September 14 – December 4)
- Exceptions: Homecoming (October 16), Veterans Day (November 11), and Thanksgiving Week (November 23-27)
- Spring 2021 (February 8 – April 30)
- Exceptions: Presidents Day (Monday, February 15) and Spring Break (March 22-26)
Our student tour guides are unavailable between semesters, so we are unable to offer cart tours during that time. To find particular dates of our breaks and holidays, please see the UC Berkeley Academic Calendar.
Cart tours are included in the special group tour calendar and must be reserved at least 14 days in advance. If no tour is listed, it means cart tours are not being offered that day or they have all been reserved. Please make sure the tour you pick says “Electric Cart Tour” and not “Group Tour.”
The cart holds a maximum of five passengers (three passengers facing forward and two passengers facing backwards).
There is a $50 fee for cart tours, regardless of the number of passengers.