Visitor Services offers one-hour electric cart tours of the campus for visitors who wish a shorter, private tour experience and for guests with limited mobility. The information presented on a cart tour is the same information you would receive on our free guided walking tour. Cart tours are offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 2-3pm. They are not offered on weekends, campus holidays, or breaks.
We offer cart tours during the following periods:
- Fall 2019 (September 23 through December 4)
- Exceptions: Friday home football game (September 27), Homecoming (October 18), Veterans Day (November 11), Thanksgiving Week (November 25-29), and First Friday of the Month (October 4, November 1, December 6)
- Spring 2020 (February 10 through May 1)
- Exceptions: Presidents Day (February 17), and Spring Break (March 23-27)
- Summer 2020 (May 27 – August 14)
- Exceptions: Memorial Day (Monday, May 25)
Our student tour guides are unavailable between semesters, so we are unable to offer cart tours during that time. To find particular dates of our breaks and holidays, please see the UC Berkeley Academic Calendar.
Cart tours are included in the special group tour calendar and must be reserved at least 14 days in advance. If no tour is listed, it means cart tours are not being offered that day or they have all been reserved. Please make sure the tour you pick says “Electric Cart Tour” and not “Group Tour.”
The cart holds a maximum of five passengers (three passengers facing forward and two passengers facing backwards).
There is a $50 fee for cart tours, regardless of the number of passengers.
Make a Reservation