Coronavirus Information (COVID-19)
UC Berkeley in-person campus tours have been suspended indefinitely. Please visit our Virtual Engagements page to register for a Virtual Visit – over Zoom! We offer them daily.
In response to COVID-19, we currently have a shelter-in-place order. Please continually check this website and UC Berkeley’s COVID-19 website which is frequently updated with information and resources.
We look forward to opening up our campus soon.
Electric Cart Tours
Visitor Services normally offers one-hour electric cart tours of the campus for visitors who wish a shorter, private tour experience and for guests with limited mobility. The information presented on a cart tour is the same information you would receive on our free guided walking tour. Cart tours are offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 2-3pm. They are not offered on weekends, campus holidays, or breaks.
We offer cart tours during the following periods:
Our student tour guides are unavailable between semesters, so we are unable to offer cart tours during that time. To find particular dates of our breaks and holidays, please see the UC Berkeley Academic Calendar.
- Spring 2020 (February 10 through May 1) – cancelled due to coronavirus
- Summer 2020 (May 27 – August 14) – cancelled due to coronavirus
- Fall 2020 (September 14 – December 4) – on hold due to coronavirus
- Exceptions: Homecoming (October 16), Veterans Day (November 11), and Thanksgiving Week (November 23-27)
- Spring 2021 (February 8 – April 30)
- Exceptions: Presidents Day (Monday, February 15) and Spring Break (March 22-26)
Cart tours are included in the special group tour calendar and must be reserved at least 14 days in advance. If no tour is listed, it means cart tours are not being offered that day or they have all been reserved. Please make sure the tour you pick says “Electric Cart Tour” and not “Group Tour.”
The cart holds a maximum of five passengers (three passengers facing forward and two passengers facing backwards).
There is a $50 fee for cart tours, regardless of the number of passengers.