Visitor Services offers one-hour electric cart tours of the campus for visitors who wish a shorter, private tour experience and for guests with limited mobility. The information presented on a cart tour is the same information you would receive on our free guided walking tour. Cart tours are offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 2-3pm. They are not offered on weekends, campus holidays, or breaks.
We offer cart tours during the following periods:
- Summer 2019 (May 28 – August 16)
- Exceptions: Memorial Day (Monday, May 27) and Thursday, July 4
- Fall 2019 (mid-September through December 6)
- Exceptions: Homecoming (October 18), Veterans Day (November 11), and Thanksgiving Week (November 25-29)
- Spring 2020 (mid-February through May 1)
- Exceptions: Presidents Day (February 17), and Spring Break (March 23-27)
Our student tour guides are unavailable between semesters, so we are unable to offer cart tours during that time. To find particular dates of our breaks and holidays, please see the UC Berkeley Academic Calendar.
Cart tours are included in the special group tour calendar and must be reserved at least 14 days in advance. If no tour is listed, it means cart tours are not being offered that day or they have all been reserved. Please make sure the tour you pick says “Electric Cart Tour” and not “Group Tour.”
The cart holds a maximum of five passengers (three passengers facing forward and two passengers facing backwards).
There is a $50 fee for cart tours, regardless of the number of passengers.
Make a Reservation Notify Me when Fall 2019 Cart Tours Are Available