Congratulations on being admitted to Berkeley!
Visit the campus as you make your acceptance decision. Read about tours for newly admitted freshmen, transfer students, waitlisted students, and their families.
May: Public walking tours
During May, newly admitted transfer and waitlisted students and their families are welcome to join our 90-minute daily public walking tour offered 7 days a week at 10:00am. Led by campus ambassadors, learn about Berkeley’s history, traditions, academics, research, and student life. Ask questions, get information to help you make your decision. Reservations are preferable, but if the tour on the date you’d like to visit is full, be assured that you will be able to join the tour even if you don’t have a reservation. Check in at the Visitor Center at 9:45am.
Other opportunities and resources
- The New Admit Resource Guide has information on the services, locations, and hours of many academic and administrative departments (during April only)
- Residence hall tours: Spring and Summer only.
- Library tours: April only. Tours include historic Doe Library, the underground Main Stacks, and the newly renovated Moffitt Undergraduate Library.
- The Campanile (aka Sather Tower) is an enduring symbol of the Berkeley campus. The views of the campus and Bay Area from the observation deck are spectacular.
- Eat like a Cal student. Guests may purchase meals at all residence dining halls and campus cafes.
- The campus events calendar lists athletic events, lectures, exhibitions, and performances.