Sather Tower, also known as the Campanile, is one of UC Berkeley’s most beloved and well-known symbols. Visible for miles, the Campanile is the third-tallest bell and clock-tower in the world, and an integral part of the campus experience. Get a spectacular, sprawling view of the Bay Area from the observation platform. Enjoy three daily carillon concerts. Lounge on the historic esplanade and enjoy the shade of the stone giant. The Campanile is truly not to be missed.
- Monday-Friday: 10:00am-3:45pm
- Saturday: 10:00am-4:45pm
- Sunday: 10:00am-1:30pm and 3:00-4:45pm
Upcoming Closures / Reduced Hours
We apologize for the inconvenience. On the first Friday of every month we close early and every other Wednesday we open late at 11:30am.
- Monday, June 17: 12:45pm – 3:45pm (late open)
- Friday, June 21: 10:00am – 2:30pm (early closure)
- General admission (18-64 years): $4 cash / $4.25 credit
- Seniors (65+ years): $3 cash / $3.25 credit
- Cal Alumni Association Members with ID: $3 cash / $3.25 credit
- Youth (3-17 years): $3 cash / $3.25 credit
- Youth (2 and under): Free
- UC Berkeley students, faculty, and staff with Cal ID: Free
The observation platform is not wheelchair accessible, as there are 38 steps from the top of the elevator to the observation platform. The Campanile esplanade and lobby displays are accessible by wheelchair.
Backpacks, large bags, large items, food, and drink are not permitted on the observation platform. No pets are allowed.