Sather Tower, also known as the Campanile, is one of UC Berkeley’s most beloved and well-known symbols. Visible for miles, the Campanile is the third-tallest bell and clock-tower in the world, and an integral part of the campus experience. Get a spectacular, sprawling view of the Bay Area from the observation platform. Enjoy three daily carillon concerts. Lounge on the historic esplanade and enjoy the shade of the stone giant. The Campanile is truly not to be missed.
- Monday-Friday: 10:00am-3:45pm
- Saturday: 10:00am-4:45pm
- Sunday: 10:00am-1:30pm and 3:00-4:45pm
Upcoming Closures / Reduced Hours
We apologize for the inconvenience. On the first Friday of every month we close early at 2:15pm and every other Wednesday we open late at 11:30am. On Homecoming Weekend (October 12-14, 2018), the Campanile is free to those with a Homecoming badge.
- Wednesday, October 3: 11:30am-3:45pm (late open)
- Friday, October 5: 10:00am-2:15pm (early closure)
- Wednesday, October 17: 11:30am-3:45pm (late open)
- Wednesday, October 31: 11:30am-3:45pm (late open)
- Friday, November 2: 10:00am-2:15pm (early closure)
- Wednesday, November 14: 11:30am-3:45pm (late open)
- Thursday, November 22 (Thanksgiving): CLOSED
- Wednesday, November 28: 11:30am-3:45pm (late open)
- Wednesday, December 12: 11:30am-3:45pm (late open)
Cost (cash only)
- $4 general admission (18 years and over)
- $3 for seniors, Cal Alumni Association members with ID, and ages 3-17
- Free to UC Berkeley students, faculty, and staff with Cal ID, and children under 3
We accept cash payment only and cannot accept bills higher than $20.
The observation platform is not wheelchair accessible, as there are 38 steps from the top of the elevator to the observation platform. The Campanile esplanade and lobby displays are accessible by wheelchair.
Backpacks, large bags, large items, food, and drink are not permitted on the observation platform. No pets are allowed.