Thank you for your interest in booking a special group tour or private walking tour with special accommodations. Our Fall 2022 group tour bookings have concluded. You can put your name on our list to be notified when the Spring 2023 calendar is available for booking (at the bottom of this page).
What Constitutes a Special Group?
A special group is any party of 10 or more people. This can include a large family, school group (grades 6th and up only), private tour company, non-profit group, or any group of 10 or more people. We are unable to accommodate school groups that are 5th grade or below; please view our Cal Kids Scavenger Hunt and Activities.
Small Private Walking Tours
If you are a party of less than 10 people that require special accommodations which don’t allow you to join our free guided walking tour, please book a Group Walking Tour as a “Private Small Group/Family” for $50 and note the special accommodations required in your tour reservation. Your private walking tour is not confirmed until you receive an email from the Tour Coordinator. If your party is less than 10 people and no special accommodations are required, please book a free guided walking tour.
Tour reservations are required for these tours. Special group/private tour reservations must be made at least 14 days in advance. Please note these tours are walking tours. If you wish to book a private golf cart tour due to limited mobility, please visit the Golf Cart Tour website.
We offer Spanish and Mandarin language tours on request based on our students' availability. When booking, please state your language preference in the special needs box on the reservation.
If your party is less than 10 people, please register for our free guided walking tour.
- Fall 2022: September 26 – December 2
- Group Walking Tours: We offer these tours Monday-Friday at 10:30am, 12pm, and 2pm along with Saturdays and Sundays at 11am. These tours are intended for school groups, non-profit groups, and similar groups of 10 or more people.
- Private Walking Tours: We are only booking $50 private walking tours that require special accommodations. Please book a Group Walking Tour as a “Private Small Group/Family” and note the special accommodations required in your tour reservation. Your private walking tour is not confirmed until you receive an email from the Tour Coordinator.
- Not Offered on These Dates: Homecoming Weekend (Friday-Sunday, September 23-25), Veterans Day (Friday, November 11), Thanksgiving Week (November 19-26), or on weekends where there is a Cal Football home game
- Spring 2023: TBA (February)
Our student tour guides are unavailable between semesters, so we are unable to offer special group tours during this time. To find particular dates of our breaks and holidays, please see the UC Berkeley Academic Calendar
In-person Special Group Tour fees are waived only for students attending California schools (middle schools 6th grade and up, high schools, and community colleges), where the school is booking the tour directly. Fees apply for all other special groups and private tours which include nonprofit organizations (even if they serve children who attend California schools), after-school programs, out-of-state schools, international groups, private tours, and tours booked by private tour companies. The fee schedule is at the bottom of this page and is based on the number of visitors, regardless of tour length.