Berkeley has many options for lodging, and below you will find a list accommodations close to campus. You can also find additional options in Oakland, Emeryville, and San Francisco – nearby cities that are easily reached by public transportation or car. We strongly advise that you make your lodging reservations prior to your visit.
- Bancroft Hotel 2680 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA (510) 549-1000 www.bancrofthotel.com
- Beau Sky Hotel 2520 Durant Avenue, Berkeley 510/540-7688 800/990-2328 www.yelp.com/biz/the-beau-sky-hotel-berkeley
- Berkeley City Club 2315 Durant Avenue, Berkeley 510/848-7800 www.berkeleycityclub.com
- Berkeley Lab Guest House Berkeley Lab (UC run hotel-style accommodations above the UC Berkeley campus; open to UC Berkeley students, parents and visitors) 510/495-8000 www.berkeleylabguesthouse.org
- Claremont Resort & Spa 41 Tunnel Road, Berkeley 510/843-3000 800/551-7266 www.fairmont.com/claremont-berkeley
- Doubletree Berkeley Marina 200 Marina Boulevard, Berkeley 510/548-7920 800/222-8733 www.doubletreeberkeleymarina.com
- Downtown Berkeley Inn 2001 Bancroft Way, Berkeley 510/843-4043 downtownberkeleyinn.com
- Executive Inn and Suites 1755 Embarcadero, Oakland 510/536-6633 800/346-6331 www.executiveinnoakland.com
- The Faculty Club (see campus map) On campus 510/540-5678 berkeleyfacultyclub.com
- Four Points Hotel (by Sheraton) 1603 Powell Street, Emeryville 510/547-7888 800/325-3535 fourpoints.com/emeryville
- Golden Bear Hotel 1620 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley 510/525-6770 800/525-6770 www.goldenbearhotel.com
- The Graduate Berkeley Hotel (formerly Hotel Durant) 2600 Durant Avenue, Berkeley 510/845-8981 www.graduateberkeley.com
- Hilton Garden Inn 1800 Powell Street, Emeryville 510/658-9300 sanfranciscooakland.stayhgi.com
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites 1175 University Avenue, Berkeley 510/548-1700 www.hiexberkeley.com
- Hotel Courtyard Oakland Emeryville 5555 Shellmound Street, Emeryville 510/652-8777 800/321-2211 www.hrs.com/en/hotel/courtyard-oakland-emeryville/a-100648
- Hotel Shattuck Plaza 2086 Allston Way 510/845-7300 www.hotelshattuckplaza.com
- Hyatt House 5800 Shellmound Street, Emeryville 510/601-5880 emeryville.house.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home
- Residence Inn by Marriott 2121 Center Street, Berkeley 866/314-6382 www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/oakrr-residence-inn-berkeley
- Rose Garden Inn 2740 Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley 510/549-2145, 800/992-9005 www.rosegardeninn.com
- Sens Hotel 1538 Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley 510/548-9930 www.senshotelberkeley.com
Dining on Campus
After you’ve worked up an appetite on the hills of campus, stop in to one of the many cafes on campus for a coffee, snack or lunch.
Individuals and large groups can experience the dietary life of a current Cal student by eating in our Crossroads Dining Commons! Find out more information here.
- Café Zeb Tasty meals weekdays at Berkeley Law (Boalt Hall).
- Cafe Think Located at the Haas School of Business in the green-built Chou Hall. The café features a local and sustainable menu featuring seasonal bowls, grass-fed burgers and beer and wine. Open every day.
- Common Grounds On level F of Dwinelle Hall, Common Grounds brews Peet’s Coffee and offers standard Peet’s coffee and tea products, as well as grab-and-go items. Open weekdays.
- Crossroads Dining Commons Sample the nine distinct stations — from pizza to vegetarian to Asian and Mexican cuisine — at Berkeley’s sleek residence hall dining facility, 2415 Bowditch St.
- The Faculty Club Open to the public, the club serves three meals a day on weekdays. The salad bar is popular, and there’s a pleasant pub.
- Free Speech Movement Café Surrounded by memorabilia of Berkeley’s famed ’60s movement, enjoy informal indoor and outdoor dining all day. Located at the entrance to Moffitt Undergraduate Library.
- The Golden Bear Café Located in the heart of campus in the famous Sproul Plaza, The Golden Bear offers a great mix of made-to-order meals, grab-and-go sandwiches and items, Kosher sandwiches, sushi, bento boxes, salads, bagel bar, deli, salads, grilled items, and made-to-order smoothies.
- International House Café A popular gathering place for residents and the public, I-House café features espresso drinks, pastries, soups, salads, sandwiches and fresh juices. Café customers enjoy the incredible bay view as well as digital displays of today’s headlines from around the world.
- Brown’s Café Serving the northwest part of campus, brown’s is committed to serving local foods grown, milled, preserved, and processed within 250 miles of the UC Berkeley campus whenever possible. Stop in to enjoy a meal that bridges nutrition, sustainability, and taste on our outdoor patio. Located in the Genetics and Plant Biology Building.
- The Terrace Designed for quick service on the run, Terrace Café features a variety of popular grab-and-go salads, sushi, sandwiches and great coffee. Located on the rooftop terrace of the Bechtel Engineering Center.
- Yali’s Café – Stanley Hall Stanley Hall terrace café offers coffee, sandwiches, salads, smoothies, bagels, granola, fresh fruit and pastries.
- Yali’s Cafe – Sutardja Dai Hall Yali’s provides a warm, unpretentious atmosphere where countless ideas, connections, dissertations, and proposals have been hatched with our coffee in hand.